Matilda Jo | Empowered Play for Girls with Big Imaginations
Call for Entries: 2015 Yearbook Photo Contest
Would you like the chance to win a brand new American Girl™ doll in exchange for sharing your sewing, crafting and basic photography skills?
Then you’re in the right place!
Doll Photo Contest Call For Entries
Today kicks off our inaugural call for entries for our 2015 Yearbook Photo Contest!
Matilda Jo is seeking digital photo submissions that feature an 18-inch doll along with one or more items handcrafted using patterns or tutorials designed through December 2015 by Matilda Jo Originals, which includes Matilda’s Closet sewing patterns and AptOne8 PVC furniture plans, as well as various tutorials offered at MatildaJo.com. Each entry may include up to four photos of a single scene which falls into one of six categories, as described below.
A limited number of photos will be selected from each category and featured in our new 2015 Yearbook to be published by Matilda Jo Originals in early 2016. The digital version of the book will be freely distributed and a limited quantity of the print version will be available for purchase. Participants will be required to sign a release as part of the entry process which gives Matilda Jo Originals the exclusive right to use and share any and all submitted photos.
Each person who submits one or more photos will be entered in a random drawing for one free American Girl™ “Truly Me™” Doll (valued at $115) of the winner’s choice to be announced on Monday, February 1, 2016. And everyone whose photo is published in the book will have the opportunity to purchase the print version at a special contributors-only discounted price!
Photo Submission Categories & Suggested Patterns
(Patterns listed are suggestions only. Feel free to be creative in your interpretation of the categories.)
Snow Much Fun
How To Enter:
- Download and read the Yearbook Contest Submission Packet, including rules, entry form and release form. (The form is a fillable PDF form which may be completed using Adobe Reader or printed, filled out by hand and scanned for emailing.)
- Email the completed entry form and signed release form, along with up to four related digital photos per entry, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the contest deadline: FRIDAY, JANUARY 15, 2016 (11:59 pm MST)
Tips for a Winning Photo Entry
- Show your creativity. Props, realistic backgrounds, appropriate scale and attention to detail are appreciated.
- Make sure your photos are in focus and well-lit. Natural lighting is preferred whenever possible.
- Please refrain from using filters or edited special effects.
- Close-ups are preferred over photos taken from a distance.
- The goal of the 2015 Yearbook is to spotlight items made using Matilda Jo Originals patterns published from inception through December 2015. At least one item made using a Matilda’s Closet or AptOne8 pattern or tutorial required; more is even better!
- Adjust your camera settings so that your photo is at the highest quality possible and do not resize or reduce the quality or file size before submitting your entry.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. In addition to the many Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8 patterns available for purchase, free patterns and tutorials are available and eligible for use in this contest, including: Basic Beach Chair, Owl Applique, Bed Pillow, CPVC Frame Table, Flange Couch Pillow, Shopping Bag, Diploma & Folder and Skirt from a Knit Shirt.
Questions? Email email@example.com or leave a comment below.
MatildaJo.com, AptOne8 and Matilda Jo Originals are not affiliated with American Girl™ or Mattel™. No endorsement is implied. Matilda Jo Originals is the sole sponsor of this contest.
- Help us choose our next Thrifty Thursday freebie! - September 10, 2018
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - May 1, 2018
- How to Make A Doll-Sized Telescope - March 1, 2018
- It’s our Third Anniversary Weekend … Time for a Sale-A-Bration! - August 18, 2017
- Take 5: Tips for Sewing with Fold-Over Elastic (FOE) - June 7, 2017
- Free Printable Sewing Chart: Fraction-to-Decimal Conversions - June 1, 2017
- Take 5: Handy Sewing Reference Charts to Save & Print - November 16, 2016
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - October 28, 2016
- How to Use Crochet Thread for Easier Gathering - September 2, 2016
- How to Use Make an Easy No-Zipper Doll Bed Mattress - September 2, 2016