Matilda Jo | Empowered Play for Girls with Big Imaginations
Celebrating July 4th … Zooey-Style!
The Story Behind My Latest Dress Design
I fell in love with the “Ahoy” dress by Tommy Hilfiger the first time I saw it.
I was flipping through People StyleWatch magazine a few months ago and came upon a page featuring Zooey Deschanel. As a star in New Girl, my latest must-see TV series, Zooey is among my favorite actresses. I love her cute, quirky personality and even more, her fun clothing style.
The Ahoy Dress is a great example of that style, as is the entire “To Tommy from Zooey Collection” by Tommy Hilfiger.
So I set out to create my own dress inspired by the one I saw in that article.
Once the festivities are over, I plan to get my dress pattern ready for publication.
I’ve got lots of ideas for other color and design combinations, so I’m looking forward to trying them out with the new pattern!
Do you like it? I’d love to hear what you think!
- Help us choose our next Thrifty Thursday freebie! - September 10, 2018
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - May 1, 2018
- How to Make A Doll-Sized Telescope - March 1, 2018
- It’s our Third Anniversary Weekend … Time for a Sale-A-Bration! - August 18, 2017
- Take 5: Tips for Sewing with Fold-Over Elastic (FOE) - June 7, 2017
- Free Printable Sewing Chart: Fraction-to-Decimal Conversions - June 1, 2017
- Take 5: Handy Sewing Reference Charts to Save & Print - November 16, 2016
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - October 28, 2016
- How to Use Crochet Thread for Easier Gathering - September 2, 2016
- How to Make an Easy No-Zipper Doll Bed Mattress - September 2, 2016