Matilda Jo | Empowered Play for Girls with Big Imaginations
It’s Our Anniversary … Let’s Celebrate!
TODAY is the One-Year Anniversary of publishing our first doll sewing pattern at Pixie Faire!!
It’s time to celebrate! Read on for a look back at our first year, a look ahead at what’s to come, a chance to win TWO Matilda Jo Originals doll outfits and a link to grab our free Freebie Friday pattern at Pixie Faire!
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already! In just one year, we …
- Published 37 sewing patterns for 18-inch dolls at Pixie Faire under the Matilda’s Closet label (with one more coming very soon!);
- Launched a second brand… AptOne8, including two PVC furniture plans and one FREE Basic Beach Chair pattern!
- Added select PVC fittings and parts to our Shop.
- Hosted our first “Too Cute to be Ugly Sweaters” contest on our Facebook page.
- Created Team Tillie, our fabulous group of volunteer pattern testers … check out their fabulous work in the Team Tillie Idea Gallery!
- Launched Matilda’s Inner Circle … our FREE email newsletter where we share new and upcoming patterns, tutorials and occasional free goodies, including two FREE downloadable tutorials! (Not a member yet? Sign up HERE!)
And we’re just getting started!! Plans for Year Two include…
- A new section in our Shop featuring hand-picked ready-made shoes, accessories, leggings, furniture and other goodies to help you complete the look of your outfit or dollhouse!
- LOTS more PVC furniture projects, including a fold-out couch, swing, double bed, patio furniture, gazebo … and much, MUCH more!
- The construction and design of our new dedicated studio space, which will be located in the “bonus room” of designer Kristin Rutten’s family’s new garage!! You’ll be able to follow along on Instagram!
- The addition of our Customer Show & Tell Photo Gallery where you’ll be able to upload photos of your favorite doll outfits and creations, including the opportunity to comment and share your favorites!
- A very special giveaway once Matilda’s Inner Circle reaches 1,000 subscribers! (Want to help us get there? Encourage your friends to subscribe by sending them HERE.)
- … and much more that even WE haven’t dreamed up yet!!
Thank YOU for being a part of our journey!
To show our thanks for your support and to kick off Year Two, we are giving one lucky winner TWO complete outfits made using the sewing pattern that started it all… the Inspired By Zooey Dress pattern!
Entering is easy! Just fill in your email address below and click “Submit Entry” to join in the fun!
Don’t Forget Freebie Friday!
By the way… if you haven’t done so already, be sure to hop over to Pixie Faire TODAY to grab your FREE copy of the Inspired By Zooey Dress pattern!
It’s free for one day only (Friday, August 21, 2015) as part of Pixie Faire’s Freebie Friday promotion! Grab it HERE.
- Help us choose our next Thrifty Thursday freebie! - September 10, 2018
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - May 1, 2018
- How to Make A Doll-Sized Telescope - March 1, 2018
- It’s our Third Anniversary Weekend … Time for a Sale-A-Bration! - August 18, 2017
- Take 5: Tips for Sewing with Fold-Over Elastic (FOE) - June 7, 2017
- Free Printable Sewing Chart: Fraction-to-Decimal Conversions - June 1, 2017
- Take 5: Handy Sewing Reference Charts to Save & Print - November 16, 2016
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - October 28, 2016
- How to Use Crochet Thread for Easier Gathering - September 2, 2016
- How to Make an Easy No-Zipper Doll Bed Mattress - September 2, 2016