Matilda Jo | Empowered Play for Girls with Big Imaginations
Take 5: Handy Sewing Reference Charts to Save & Print
If you’re like me, it happens often … and frequently, I’m looking up something I’ve already looked up a dozen times before!
Let’s save ourselves a bit of time the next time around by taking a simple step today … save and print these five handy sewing charts and post them in your sewing room.
A few minutes now means more uninterrupted sewing time later!
How To Save Each Chart: Click on each image below to visit the website from which it originated. On that website, right-click on the image and click “Save Image As,” then choose where on your device you would like the image saved. After you have saved all of the images you want, you can open them using your preferred image software. Print and post in your sewing studio for easy access during your next doll sewing project!
Five Handy Sewing Charts to Save & Print
1. Standard Tape Measure Showing Inch Breakdown by Sixteenths. Rather than counting (and recounting) the little lines on your tape measure, refer to this quick and easy chart from Sew4Home.com.
2. Yards-to-Inches Yardage Conversion Card. Download a quick and easy yardage conversion card from LeAnne Ballard at Everyday Celebrations. You even have your choice of five different colors for your card!
3. Needle Size Comparison Chart. Not sure which needle size is best for the fabric you’re using? Refer to this handle needle size chart from Feathers Flights.
4. Craft Adhesive Guide. It seems there’s a specialty glue for just about any use you can imagine. Figure out which adhesive is the best one for your project with this nice little reference chart from U Create.
5. Doll Measurements Chart. With so many lovely dolls in need of custom-fit clothing, you’ll find yourself referring to this comprehensive chart of doll measurements from 18 on Main and Merry Manatees time and again! (This and several other handy doll size comparison charts can be found on the Doll Size Comparisons Pinterest board curated by Linda Miller of Merry Manatees Creations.)
Have your own favorite sewing reference chart?
Please share in the comments below!
- How to Make A Doll-Sized Telescope - March 1, 2018
- It’s our Third Anniversary Weekend … Time for a Sale-A-Bration! - August 18, 2017
- Take 5: Tips for Sewing with Fold-Over Elastic (FOE) - June 7, 2017
- Free Printable Sewing Chart: Fraction-to-Decimal Conversions - June 1, 2017
- Take 5: Handy Sewing Reference Charts to Save & Print - November 16, 2016
- Take 5: Made Using Matilda’s Closet Patterns - October 28, 2016
- How to Use Crochet Thread for Easier Gathering - September 2, 2016
- How to Use Make an Easy No-Zipper Doll Bed Mattress - September 2, 2016
- Just A Minute: Sneak Peek at What’s Coming Soon to Club Matilda! - August 2, 2016
- Take 5: Tips & Tricks for Small Doll Sewing - July 20, 2016